wierd hardware

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sun Jan 12 14:07:19 EST 2003

I;ve got a couple of mini-PCI boards that are supposed to be 802.11b
cards.  When I put them into my soekris 4521 running Debian Linux the
results I get are puzzleing.  First it does not show up as a pci card,
lspci does not show it, hostap_pci doe not find it.  hostap_cs however
does find it, sortof.  Console log below.  First question, why is this
card showing up as a pccard and not a pci card.  Second, coudl this juts
be a firmware problem and how might I go about upgarding.

Starting PCMCIA services: modulesLinux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq10
Socket status: 30000011
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq11
Socket status: 30000006
Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq11
Socket status: 30000006
 cardmgr.
Starting network management services:cs: IO port probe 0x0c00-0x0cff:
clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0800-0x08ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0100-0x04ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x0a00-0x0aff: clean.
cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: excluding 0xa0000000-0xa00fffff
 snmpdhostap_cs: hostap_cs.c 0.0.0 2002-10-12 (SSH Communications
Security Corp,
 Jouni Malinen)
hostap_cs: (c) Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>
hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 10, io 0x0100-0x013f
hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wlan0
 snmptrapd.
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshdwlan0: could not get own MAC address
wlan0: Port type setting to 6 failed
wlan0: MAC port 0 enabling failed
--
Brian Beattie            | Having had the honor of being selected
beattie at beattie-home.net | for a Resource Action by my former employer,
                         | it is my pleasure to announce my immediate
www.beattie-home.net     | availability, contract or permanent.
Embedded Systems, Linux/Unix internals Software Engineer