connect, disconnect in dmesg

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Jan 8 22:00:22 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:34:04PM +0100, Michal Semler wrote:

> i have link via very long distanc. i had in dmesg so many connect, disconnect
> and other messages, which could not be in dmesg - nor wireless driver in
> kerne writes these into dmesg if it's not in debug mode compiled. So here is
> little patch removing them.
>
> Please apply or make hostap to write these only in debug mode...

They are already logged only in debug mode, but the debug mode is
enabled by default.. If you want to get rid of this, you can change
DEBUG_MASK definition (remove DEBUG_EXTRA) in hostap_wlan.h. If you want
to get rid of all PDEBUG() logging, compile driver with PRISM2_NO_DEBUG
defined.

Your patch removed lot more than only the LinkStatus debug information,
e.g., couple of error messages. I'm not going to remove those from the
driver.