Tx timed out! Resetting card (with OpenAP)

earl earl at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Jan 8 06:14:26 EST 2003

Robert Botha wrote:

> It seems from the Messages you pasted that you're using the builtin kernel
> pcmcia, and not the external package.
> Have you tried using the external package seperately and disabling the
> kernel drivers?
> I've had endless hassles with the kernel pcmcia and most of them went away
> when I switched to the pcmcia-cs package.

Thanks for the suggestion, i can give that a shot.  It's possible that the
reason this was never done by the original OpenAP developers, with whose work
i'm starting, is that the pcmcia driver modules are too large (the boot media
for this platform is a mere 1MB of flash, and there's not much free space left
on it) in which case i'd be stuck with the kernel pcmcia.

What kind of problems did you have with kernel pcmcia and hostap?  Any way to
get a better idea whether this is a pcmcia issue or a hostap issue?

thanks
earl