Fwd of Data Frames.

Jeetendra Kumar jeetendra at alumnux.com
Thu Feb 27 05:49:39 EST 2003

Hi Jouni,
Could you please elaborate more on  how does the Prism driver bridges
the frame between wireless and wired network. What little I know about
bridge code in linux kernel is that, one bridge port is mapped to one
physical interface. In other words, one bridge port has one MAC entry in
the FDB. This is perfectly all right with the Ethernet interface. But
the wireless interface will have more than one station (MAC) associated
with it. In this case what happens to the FDB in linux bridging section?
Does Prism driver takes care of this aspect?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Jeetendra

--