Fwd of Data Frames.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Feb 27 01:35:35 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:38:04AM +0530, Peyush Agarwal wrote:

> 1. Is the fwdng for the "Data frames" in hostap done at the driver level  OR  the firmware itself does this
> without passing the frames to the driver ?

Host AP driver bridges frames between associated stations and Linux
kernel bridge code (if used) bridges between wireless and wired (or
other wireless) interfaces.

> 2. If we create a WDS link, it it possible to forward the data from one BSS to the other 'without' creating
> a bridge between WDS link and WLAN link ?

What do you mean be "forward"? You can use IP routing over WDS, if that
is what you want. In that case there would not be a bridge with those
devices.