netperf BW tests with hostap and wlan-ng on WL200

JuanJo jjo-hostap at mendoza.gov.ar
Tue Feb 25 13:33:05 EST 2003

Hi ...
I've done some bandwidth testing on our wide area (several km from
STAs to AP) and got surprised with hostap vs wlan-ng diff. results (both
STAs with hostap managed mode on WL200 cards).

STAs are Pentiums 166/200 with linux-2.4.20 and hostap (with one STA switching
to wlan-ng yesterday).

Detailed setup  & results (netperf -fK output into rrdtool graph) are at
      http://www.mendoza-wireless.net.ar/~jjo/wireless/stats/

In short: from about 10~15 Kbytes/sec with hostap to 35~40 Kbytes/sec with
wlan-ng.

I suspect that hostap card resets on Prism2 (apparently _not_ the case with 2.5)
are killing TCP throughput ...

Is there anything that can be done (eg. debugging) to help hostap driver dev. ?

Thanks for the great hostap driver, Jouni...
Regards.
--
--Juanjo

#  Juan Jose Ciarlante (JuanJo PGP) jjo ;at; mendoza.gov.ar              #
#  Key fingerprint = 76 60 A5 76 FD D2 53 E3  50 C7 90 20 22 8C F1 2D    #