prism2 header in AP mode. ?

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Fri Feb 21 16:26:12 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 04:09:02PM -0500, Arunchandar Vasan wrote:
> Is the prism2 header attached by the firmware specific to only the monitor
> mode ? Specifically, is it possible to get this header from the wlan0 or
> wlan0ap interfaces when the machine is an AP ?

I did a patch which made wlan0ap always use the prism2 header (conditional
on a iwpriv parameter setting ofcourse).  It also made the monitor mode
send to the wlan0ap interface instead of wlan0.  This had the advantage of
never changing the arp type during operation.  I'll probably update that
patch to clean it up and provide some new monitoring options too.

				-- Gerald