PS mode

张 东 hotvsat at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 03:59:09 EST 2003

 Hostap driver seems always flag a STA as in PS mode when the STA just
associated to the AP, this may be caused  by a bug of STA firmware before
1.7.0, in changelog of 1.7.0 I saw such a item "20. Fixed a problem which
caused unnecessary Null and PSPoll frames to be sent to the AP immediately
following association(FB#688)". Is this true?
 I have also noticed that when both STA and AP running hostap
driver(2002-09-12), the AP always flag the STA as in PS mode, why?

Peter