card error

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Feb 17 11:51:58 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:44:51PM +1100, James Harper wrote:

> i just noticed this error in my event log, the first line is complaining
> abount a situation that is obviously not true
>
> wlan0: Interrupt, but SWSUPPORT0 does not match: 8A32 != 8A32 - card
> removed?

Actually, that situation was probably true, but not anymore at the point
that line was printed. SWSUPPORT0 registers is read twice, but the
result from the first read is not reported here. I have seen this
happening with PCI Prism2.5 cards. Which card and firmware versions were
you using (i.e., NICID, PRI and STA f/w versions)?

Obviously the reset would not be needed if the register was correct. In
fact, this SWSUPPORT0 magic number verification code could be commented
out anyway. It is there just to recover from error situations (mostly,
card hang/firmware confused, etc.). In ideal world those would not occur
;-).