what's the deal here with modversions?

Praedor Atrebates praedor at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 12:59:54 EST 2003

I have Mandrake 9.0 on my laptop, kernel-2.4.19.  There IS a modversions.h in
/usr/include (NOT in the makefile-demanded /usr/src/linux/include/linux/
directory).  I have tried 2 things to no avail:  I created a symlink from
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h to the Makefile-desired location but when I
try to build the driver, it says there is no modversions.h.  There is.

I then tried modifying the makefile so that it expressly looks to
/usr/include/linux for modversions.h instead of the linux kernel source
directory.  STILL wont build.

What do I do to build this?  I have not rebuilt my kernel as I just installed
9.0 on the system and would rather not (the laptop is slow and working fine
as is).  I DID install the kernel source and save the default config.  Still,
hostap refuses to build.

I desire to build it against the kernel pcmcia rather than pcmcia-cs as a
separate package.  What does it take to build the driver please?

praedor