WL100 and hostap to windows 2000 interoperability

Szymon Stasik szymon.stasik at efigence.com
Thu Feb 13 09:08:33 EST 2003

Hello,

Probably this problem may have nothing to do with hostap or even linux
itself, I want to be sure about this and ask for other places where I
can look for solution.

I have managed to run WL200 as AP using latest hostap and a linux client
with WL100. However I was unable to connect the same client notebook
running windows 2k.

I was trying to switch off some devices (serial, paralell ports...)

While searching the internet for a posiible solution I have found some
information that there may be some serious problems with WL100 and
windows 2k but have found no solution for this. There seems to be no
problems with interrupts - system shows no conflicts. Wery rarely while
changing some settings on wl100 under win 2k I can get on a linux side:

wlan0: STA 00:50:8b:46:18:de TX rate lowered to 55
wlan0: sending disassociation info to STA
00:50:8b:46:18:de(last=16146578, jiffies=16176678)
wlan0: STA 00:50:8b:46:18:de TX rate lowered to 20
wlan0: sending deauthentication info to STA
00:50:8b:46:18:de(last=16146578, jiffies=16176778)
wlan0: Could not find STA for this TX error

After install additional utility from Compaq system tends to freeze for
few seconds and sometimes more.

I'm using toshiba sattellite pro 4300 with win 2k and wl100 card
card firmware is 0.8.3 (for both wl200 and wl100 cards).

After rebooting to linux wl100 works fine again as a client of second
wl200...

I'll be glad to get any ideas where to look for solving this problem.

regards,

Szymon