Linksys WUSB12

a n arthurnewt at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 12:59:25 EST 2003

Here is lsusb output.

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 066b:2213 Linksys Inc.

Device Descriptor:

bLength 18

bDescriptorType 1

bcdUSB 1.10

bDeviceClass 0 Interface

bDeviceSubClass 0

bDeviceProtocol 0

bMaxPacketSize0 8

idVendor 0x066b Linksys Inc.

idProduct 0x2213

bcdDevice 1.32

iManufacturer 0

iProduct 0

iSerial 1 000000000000

bNumConfigurations 1

Configuration Descriptor:

bLength 9

bDescriptorType 2

wTotalLength 39

bNumInterfaces 1

bConfigurationValue 1

iConfiguration 0

bmAttributes 0x80

MaxPower 500mA

Interface Descriptor:

bLength 9

bDescriptorType 4

bInterfaceNumber 0

bAlternateSetting 0

bNumEndpoints 3

bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class

bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass

bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol

iInterface 0

Endpoint Descriptor:

bLength 7

bDescriptorType 5

bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN

bmAttributes 2

Transfer Type Bulk

Synch Type none

wMaxPacketSize 64

bInterval 0

Endpoint Descriptor:

bLength 7

bDescriptorType 5

bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT

bmAttributes 2

Transfer Type Bulk

Synch Type none

wMaxPacketSize 64

bInterval 0

Endpoint Descriptor:

bLength 7

bDescriptorType 5

bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN

bmAttributes 3

Transfer Type Interrupt

Synch Type none

wMaxPacketSize 8

bInterval 1

Language IDs: (length=4)

0409 English(US)

 Mark Glines <mark-hostap at glines.org> wrote:On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:38:22AM -0800, a n wrote:

> Hi, have several questions on the new Linksys NIC called WUSB12
>
> 1. Does it use the Prism chipset ? If so which version ?

Hi! I've never heard of a WUSB12 before. I do know of three
variations of WUSB11, though (found in linux-wlan-ng and
atmelwlandriver sources):

1. WUSB11v2.5, prism2 MAC, intersil RF. USB vendor 0x066b, ID 0x2212
2. WUSB11v2.6, atmel MAC, intersil RF. USB vendor 0x066b, ID 0x2211
3. WUSB11v2.6, atmel MAC, RFMD frontend. USB vendor 0x077b, ID 0x2219

Do you have one of these new WUSB12 NICs? What are the USB
vendor/IDs for it? Can you send lsusb output?

> 2. Does HostAp work with this NIC ?
> 3. It has an USB interface instead of PCI/PCMCIA. Does HostAP work with any similar NIC ?

Not yet. Hostap does not yet support USB interfaces. I've been
trying to add support for it, for the last couple of weeks, but
I haven't gotten much of it working yet. Is anyone else working
on USB support?

Mark