HotMail Not Working..

mRgOBLIN mrgoblin at slackware.co.nz
Tue Feb 4 06:18:48 EST 2003

Matthew Tedder wrote:

> I'm running an Open Source Cafe and tried offering wireless via HostAP--it set
> up easily but cannot access some particular websites such as:
>
> hotmail
> slashdot
> and a friends home server (running FreeBSD)

Had similar problems myself once but using dial-up in the same
situation...
In an attempt to speed up the connection I was playing with the MRU MTU
settings
I had set the MTU way too small and could not connect to various sites
around
the Internet (Hotmail being the main one).

Not sure if this is relavent to your situation but it may point you in
the right direction.

--
mRgOBLIN

2^128, or 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456
     --a high number commonly referred to as "plenty."