AP to AP link

Joseph Watson jtwatson at datakota.com
Tue Feb 4 01:29:50 EST 2003

Hello,

	I have search the archives and didn't find an answer to this problem.  How do
I configure HostAP drivers to make a link between to identical AP's.  I have
no problem setting up one AP, and connecting to it with a client using
wlan-ng drivers.  But I only want to make a point-to-point bridge between two
computers.  Their will not be any clients accessing these cards as there AP.
Would the proper way to do this be to use one end as a AP and the other as a
client, and then include the devices in a bridge config on each end?

	I have read about WDS, but if I understand it right, you only use WDS if you
have AP's bridging and clients connecting to one or both of the AP's that are
bridging.  I do not want clients to connect to these AP's.

--
Regards

Joseph Watson