"NETDEV WATCHDOG" problems on IBM Thinkpad T30

Niklas Jakobsson nico at acc.umu.se
Mon Feb 3 06:26:04 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 21:19, D. Sen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the hostap drivers on my T30 which has a prism2 based pci
> card. I am running linux 2.4.20 and the cvs hostap snapshot from Jan 7,
> 2003. The driver works fine except when I attempt to copy files to/from
> a NFS filesystem accross the network. Then I get these errors (sometimes
> hanging the machine, requiring a cold-reboot).

Any solutions to this problem? I also have a T30 with the exact same problem.
The net seems to work fine until there is some  load on it. Could it be an irq
problem?

I have tried a number of different versions
kernel 2.4.18, 2.4.20
hostap 20021012, CVS from Jan 29, CVS from Feb 3
orinoco_pci 0.11b, 0.13
linux-wlan-ng prism driver 0.14, 0.15, 0.16pre9

The hostap driver is the one that seems to work the best (or rather least bad),
but it is rather anoying that you have to "tip-toe" around the net to not hang
it...

 /Nico