Card stops working (sending/receiving) when downloading a webpage with a lot of content.

Kishore Ramachandran ramack at eden.rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 10 11:53:04 EST 2003

Hi,

I have observed that when I am downloading a webpage with a lot of
content on it, the wireless card stops working (not able to send or
receive) until I restart it using /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart.

I am using a linksys wireless network pc card (ver. 3) and have observed
this repeatedly for both hostapv0.0.4 and hostapv0.1.2. The test website
I used is http://www-usa.cricket.org/ .

In the driver code, I tried to track why this is happening and the skb
seems to be running out of space and the difference between skb->end -
skb->tail is a very small value. Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
Kishore