can't read PDA or update firmware

James B. Hiller jhiller at visi.net
Mon Dec 8 01:24:13 EST 2003

Hi.  This thread brings up a different question for me, shown
below.

> Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:45:05AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

[snip]

> I found RAM images and was able to successfully download 1.5.6, 1.7.4,
> and 1.8.0, the latter two of which seem to work well.  I don't feel like

[snip]

I am currently running a pair of DLink 520's, one with HostAP-0.0.4 and
the other, as a client, simply using the linux kernel driver.  I have
PRI 1.1.1 and STA 1.7.4.  Did not know until I saw this post that there
was a STA 1.8.0.  The question is, will I gain any benefit by upgrading
either or both to STA 1.8.0, or, conversely, is there any reason I should
NOT upgrade either or both?

Thx,
jbh