Turning Tx Power off not working in client mode

Ram Nayak nayak3127 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:20:31 EST 2003

"iwpriv wlan0 reset 3" disables the card and not the transmitter only.

Using "iwconfig wlan0 txpower off" the code uses Command Register 13 ( A/D
Test Modes 2).

What I have noticed is that in master mode, it works and I do not see any
beacons being transmitted but in station mode, I see the probe requests
still being transmitted.

Any ideas?

..Ram