Wireless Bridge

Dave dave at cc0.net
Sun Aug 31 23:30:54 EDT 2003

Hi Brian,

It is actually quite easy to bring up a P2P loop...the following is assuming
one radio per end of loop and one ethernet as well as brctl being present on
each box. Also FW 1.5.x or better is required for wds_type 4.

box #1:
iwconfig wlan0 mode repeater
iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
prism2_param wlan0 max_wds 1
prism2_param wlan0 wds_type 4
iwpriv wlan0 wds_add <mac of box #2 wlan0>
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 wlan0wds0
brctl addif br0 eth0
ifconfig wlan0wds0 up
ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig br0 up

box #2:
iwconfig wlan0 mode repeater
iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
prism2_param wlan0 max_wds 1
prism2_param wlan0 wds_type 4
iwpriv wlan0 wds_add <mac of box #1 wlan0>
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 wlan0wds0
brctl addif br0 eth0
ifconfig wlan0wds0 up
ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig br0 up

I may have forgotton a command but that is the majority of it.

-Dave