bridge_packets in master mode

WiNet - Biuro handlowe info at wi-network.net
Sat Aug 30 11:39:28 EDT 2003

Hello,

many thanks for Your respond.

>>   I want control traffic between STA and remove bridge packets directly
>> between stations to kernel, but first STA not see second (ping)
>> If bridge_packet is 1 all is ok.

JM> You seem to want to send frames between two STAs, but you disable the
JM> mechanism used for doing it..
YI do it because I want control traffic between STA's in my LinuxBox,
by tc in the kernel. Bridge packet in hostap is out of soft control ;-(

>From hostap_ap.h:
        int bridge_packets; /* send packet to associated STAs directly to the
                             * wireless media instead of higher layers in the
                             * kernel */

JM> Do you have your own code (e.g., modified Linux bridge code)
No, it is standard kernel 2.4.22 without bridge soft.
wlan0 is Senao SL-2511CD+Ext2:
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
STAID: id=0x001f v1.7.4 (station firmware)

JM> somewhere in the kernel or are you planning to use IP routing
I plan do it by routing table ;-)
My kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.254.252 0.0.0.0         255.255.255.252 U     0      0        0 eth0
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wlan0

Have You any idea?

Sorry for my English.

Yours faithfully,
__