hostap 0.0.4/NICID 8002 wep trouble

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Aug 22 20:35:57 EDT 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Hans-Joachim Klingshirn wrote:

> Concerning the prism card in the access point: NICID is 8002, the
> firmware is very old. I read a bit about flashing the firmware, but the
> NICID 8002 does not show up in the compatibility charts for firmwares,
> as linked to from the firmware flashing mini-howto. What strange card do
> I have here?

I don't think your problems with be discussed seriously until you upgrade.

Please give links when referring to documentation.  See Mini-howto on
Flashing Intersil Prism Chipsets: http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/

There is no word "chart" in that howto.  Instead of compatibility charts,
use prism2_srec without "-r" or "-f" and it will tell you if the firmware
is compatible.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin