2.6.0-test3 (and -test2)

James Harper james.harper at bigpond.com
Sat Aug 16 23:35:29 EDT 2003

Jouni Malinen wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:00:48PM +1000, James Harper wrote:
>

>>I can't get hostap to compile against 2.6.0-test3 (I didn't have any
>>luck with -test2 either but only tried that once). My kernel tree is
>>pretty much virgin. I'm using the cvs tree. I'm also compiling it all as
>>modules.
>>

>Please always include the exact commands you used and error messages you
>saw when reporting compilation problems. If you used any other command,
>please also note that plain 'make' is the best (and probably only) way
>to compile the driver for Linux 2.5/2.6.
>

>>Does anyone have it going against this kernel? I get errors in
>>hostap_crypt, it appears that if HOSTAP_CRYPT_MODULE was defined I might
>>have more luck, or maybe my kernel tree is broken and I need a new one.
>>

>Yes, works fine with 2.6.0-test3 (and worked with -test2, too).
>HOSTAP_CRYPT_MODULE should not be defined. hostap_crypt module is now
>compined into hostap.o.

sorry, all i was asking for was a 'does it work?'... if there was a
known problem then it's a bit of a waste of time me discovering it all
over again.
I tracked it down earlier this morning though, once I excluded
hostap_crypt.c from the Makefile it all worked fine. I'm running with
2.6.0-test3 as I type this. I've always copied the files into the kernel
tree and compiled from there with a 'make -j5 modules'. I believe the
kernel patch for 2.6.0-test2 (and therefore also -test3) should have
hostap_crypt.c removed from the makefile. It certainly works fine
without it being there and doesn't work with it.

thanks

James