problem to install hostap-0.0.4

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Aug 12 18:35:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 wireless at isabeldeespana.org wrote:

> Well... I have a pcmcia in a CArdbus Ricoh Adapter pci for pcmcia. I thought
> that I had to load the plx module...

You must have been mislead by somebody or by some document.  It's better
that you explain why you think so, so that the misleading document could
be fixed.  It's better to do it once than to explain the same thing over
and over again to different users.

hostap_plx is only for PLX and TMD adapters, not for Ricoh or any other
full-featured PCMCIA or CardBus adapter.

> In the log you see the pcmcia driver because every time I execute
>
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia start, is pcmcia driver which is loaded and not the
> plx driver.

That should work now.  It didn't work because you had unresolved symbols.

> Anyway, there is a way to solve the problem and load the correct module.
> And somebody could help me to find out which is the correct module?

It's described in README.  The module is called hostap_cs.  It should be
loaded by cardmgr, not manually.  "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" should do the
right thing.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin