strange behavior w/ 16 wds links but not 15

Brock Eastman brock at digitalpath.net
Tue Aug 12 01:13:29 EDT 2003

We have been having issues w/ hostap 0.0.4 when we have 16 wds links off of
it.  It will in fact crash the system every time
even with the prism2_param wlan0 max_wds ## set to 16 or higher.

We have a true 16 wds links running in our test environment.  We believe the
problem is somewhere with the bridge code or the 2.4.20 kernel. We
are using debian. We have searched the bridge code for a pseudo device and
have come up with no results.  The bridge actually is what crashes
when it goes into a forwarding state.

Has anyone been able to run any more links than this? We are using a Zycomax
card prism2.5 w/ hostap 1.7.4 firmware.

Brock Eastman