HostAP & Ethernet Converter

Björn Giesler bjoern at giesler.de
Wed Aug 6 03:51:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been running HostAP for a while (Prism 2.5) with several clients
in my home net, and first of all, it works great! Thanks a lot!

Now, I'm trying to hook up my trusty old NeXT using a Lucent/Orinoco
Ethernet Converter, which "kind of" works -- I get the first few
packets of any TCP connection, followed by a "reset by peer". Hooking
the machine up using TP cable works, so I'm pretty certain that the EC
is to blame. Pings work, btw.

Are there any known incompatibilities at work here? Which firmware
should I be using? Does anyone have a similar setup working?

Thanks in advance,
		--Björn