management.c File & HostAP Question..

Nimer Rimawi nrimawi at stevens-tech.edu
Fri Aug 1 18:10:45 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am looking at the hostap code, and I was looking at the management.c
file.. I am wondering, does it get compiled at all? If so, when do its
function run? I am particularily interested in seeing the work of
"show_capability_info" function.

Another question is regarding the driver itself,,, I can see in the file
hostap_wlan0.h the definition of the five original 802.11 bits of the
capability field from lines 757 to 761,, however, where are the 802.11b
extra 3 bits defined? (namely the Short, PBCC, and Agility ?)

Any help would be apprecaited in any of the matters.. Thanks a bunch

-Nimer