hostap setup problem

Alex Wu awu at sohoware.com
Tue Apr 29 15:12:45 EDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Following your suggestions, I did not
see error message as reported last time.
   ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
   ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device

It now complained a problem while setting ssid at startup.
/ # hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf
Opening raw packet socket for ifindex 11
Using interface wlan0ap with hwaddr 00:02:6f:03:dc:4f and ssid 'test'
ioctl[SIOCSIWESSID]: Invalid argument
len=5
Could not set SSID for kernel driver

I searched the mailing list archive, and found an article
http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap/2002-06/0761.html
seems to be related, I tried the patch to the device driver,
but it stills complained the same problem.

My board CPU is Intel IXP425, HostAP card is Prism2.

Thanks in advance,
-Alex