Dynamic WEP Question..

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Apr 27 23:21:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:57:41AM +0900, ?vBXXZcX0-? wrote:

> In case of EAP/MD5, Radius does not negotiation with Sta using MS-MPPE-SEND-KEY & RECV-KEY.. isn't it ?

MS-MPPE-{Send,Recv}-Key attributes are not really used with STA with any
method; they are just used to pass some information (session key) from
the EAP authentication to the Authenticator. Anyway, you are correct in
that those are not send with EAP-MD5 (since it does not generate such
session key).

> how can I use Dynamic WEP with EAP/MD5 authentication without MS-MPPE-SEND/RECV-KEY ?

Well.. You can't. In order to send a key to STA, AP needs some kind of
shared secret with STA. With IEEE 802.1X this is the session key
provided by some EAP types, like EAP-TLS.