HostAP support for Prism GT

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Apr 26 11:55:20 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 02:09:32PM +0530, ANOOP P wrote:

> It is based on Prism GT chipset.
> As per my understanding the HostAP driver does not have cardbus support
> so is it possible that if i add cardbus support, the driver will work?

Host AP driver does not support Cardbus cards since there are no Prism
2/2.5/3 Cardbus cards. PCI version of the driver could actually work
with Cardbus cards (if there were any) without modifications. However,
no, this will not make it work with Prism GT.

> i am assuming that the difference between prism2 and prism GT is in PHY and
> the MAC-PHY interfaces need not be changed.

Please take a closer look at Intersil data sheets.. Prism2 and Prism GT
have completely different design and their MAC <-> host driver
interfaces are not even close to eachother.