1.1.1/1.5.6 Non-Volitile Firmware for DWL-520

Chincogan Network Services Lists lists at chincogan.net.au
Thu Apr 24 22:13:11 EDT 2003

Pavel,
Sorry, since you replied to my original post, I assumed that you were familiar with my situation as I had first described it, but as you are not I will re-post my original message.

-- Start Original Post --
Hi list and a merry easter to all.

Over the easter break I have been trying to flash my DWL-520's up to 1.5.6 to make use of standards based WDS.
I am trying to do this using the winupdate windows utility provided by the file dwl650_firmware_8c2.exe

The DWL-520 is a 0x8013 card and after reading the archives of this list I found http://aldebaran.feld.cvut.cz/~xmyslik/wifi while this looks to be what I am after running this firmware on the winupdate utility produces the following errors:
"Error in file rf010506.hex"
"Error Loading Files. Update will not start."

The files I am using are ak010101.hex and rf010506.hex and after further searching of the archives I found that these are possibly volitile images which is not what I am after.

So my question, Where can I find a set of non-volitile 1.1.1/1.5.6 firmware images, ie. will stay on the card after a reboot. that will work on my DWL-520 (0x8013) Netgate have taken their 1.5.6.zip down from http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware/

-- End Original Post --