wireless to wired interface bridge

Antonio Vilei antonio.vilei at unile.it
Wed Apr 23 06:07:26 EDT 2003

Hello,

> The wlan0 also comes out. I want use ppp0(or eth0) interface as external
> interface,
> while the wlan0 as internal interface.

If you want to use ppp0 as an external interface you should use IP
Masquerade.
Use the following:

root# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
root# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

For more details on IP Masquerade see HOWTO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/
and refer to section "Configuring IP Masquerade on Linux 2.4.x Kernels"

If you want to use eth0 as your external interface you can use bridging
between wireless and wired (best option) or otherwise you can use the same
configuration as before replacing ppp0 with eth0.
Please refer to section "Bridging between wireless and wired networks" in
file README.prism2
and to this Howto for ethernet bridging
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-Bridge-netfilter-HOWTO.html

Antonio