problem on downloading firmware to minipci card with intersil chip

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Apr 18 00:50:03 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:58:41AM +0800, ?? ??\(Lai Li\) wrote:

> Did any one try firmware downloading on minipci cards with intersil chip
> before?

I haven't tested minipci cards, but I have successfully downloaded (RAM)
a station firmware into Prism2.5 PCI card.

> I use hostap driver with prism2_srec utility to download secondary
> firmware to RAM,
> Should i use the same firmware file as PCIMCIA card?

You should use only images that have your NICID in the list of supported
platforms. prism2_srec will automatically make this verification before
starting download.

> Can i only upgrade secondary firmware to RAM or FLASH?

All the released versions of Host AP driver support only volatile
downloading, i.e., RAM upgrade. Current CVS version has preliminary
support for flash upgrade. However, it has not yet been thoroughly
tested so I would suggest being quite careful with it..

> When i try to upgrade, the system stop after i use prism2_srec,it stop at
> here....

What is your "system"? I.e., what kind of host CPU/board? Which version
of Linux kernel? Which version of Host AP driver?

> Downloading to volatile memory (RAM).
> wlan0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wlan0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6
> wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6

Does prism2_srec really so those lines that way (i.e., each version line
twice)?

> now my system is block , why?

What do you mean be "block"? Does the kernel crash? Do you get any error
message?