flapping association

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Mon Apr 14 15:19:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:15:12PM -0400, Gerald Britton wrote:
> Recent CVS seems to have a problem not present in previous versions..
> In Managed mode, my card seems to be reassociating with the base station
> every few minutes rather than remaining associated as it did before (this
> is true with several basestations i've tried).  My card is a MiniPCI
> prism2.5 with station firmware 1.5.6.

Oops.. meant to give a bit more info here.  It typically displays messages
like this:

wlan0: LinkStatus=2 (Disconnected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=00:05:5d:ea:65:4c
wlan0: LinkStatus=1 (Connected)
wlan0: LinkStatus: BSSID=00:05:5d:ea:65:4c

repeating each time it happens.  occasionally I'll have packets dropped
which were in transit when it flapped.

I'm running the Red Hat 9 kernel 2.4.20-9.

				-- Gerald