Dead card after wrong pda and firmware flashing

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sun Apr 13 15:03:29 EDT 2003

Hello!

I just want to say thank you!  I could resurrect one of two dead cards
using your instructions.

My PCMCIA bridge is Texas Instruments PCI1410.  legacy.exe didn't print
anything about the bridge, but it worked.

The card that I could resurrect was SMC2632W.  It was damaged when I was
testing my non-volatile download code for HostAP.

The card that I could not resurrect was ZoomAir 4100.  It was damaged when
I programmed firmware for RAM into flash using prism2dl.

I believe that different results are caused by different kind of damage,
not by differences in the hardware.  ZoomAir 4100 doesn't even have a
valid CIS.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin