AP client mode

JuanJo Ciarlante jjo-hostap at mendoza.gov.ar
Fri Apr 11 09:37:47 EDT 2003

Hi...
 I'm trying to setup my --already working-- STA as AP client.
 I'm using 2.4.20 + hostap-0.0.1 -DPRISM2_HOSTAPD -DPRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT
 on a DWL520 (fw 1.3.4).
 hostapd.conf has correct  assoc_ap_addr=<uplink_AP_MAC>
 Uplink AP is in open mode (Nokia A032).

 From README.prism2:
        "
        wds_type: WDS type bitfield
	          :
	          2 = use AP client mode in 'Managed mode'
	"
... SEEMS that wlan card should in "managed" mode. Starting in managed mode
+ iwpriv wlan0 wds_type 2 associates even before launching hostapd;
launching hostapd has no effect (after all I'm _not_ in master mode).

Doing the other way, master mode + wds_type + hostapd correctly setups my
"local" AP (local STA gets associated Ok) _but_ I lose my association with
"uplink" AP, hostapd -dd shows some errors regarding auth ACKs (which
suggests that hostapd is trying to auth with uplink AP, which is in open
mode).

I don't know how to follow from here, thanks in advance.

Regards
--
--Juanjo

#  Juan Jose Ciarlante (JuanJo PGP) jjo ;at; mendoza.gov.ar              #
#  Key fingerprint = 76 60 A5 76 FD D2 53 E3  50 C7 90 20 22 8C F1 2D    #