FYI: RFNet Intersil-PrismI Card conf entry

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Apr 8 22:20:47 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:09:31PM -0700, Vic Berdin wrote:

> To those who have the RFNet card, and plans to use it
> with with the hostap project, I had to add these to
> the hostap_cs.conf to make it work:
>
> card "RFNet PCM-01 11 Mbps WLAN Card"
>    manfid 0x0156, 0x0002
>    bind "hostap_cs"

FYI: I will not add manfid 0x0156, 0x0002 entry to the Host AP driver
configuration file since it is used by N+1 different cards, included
non-Prism2 cards, like Lucent/Orinoco. If you want that to be added to
the default configuration file, please send full 'cardctl ident' output
and I'll add an entry based on "product info" ("version" in the config
file).