Can I upgrade a DLINK 520 to 1.5.6?

Eduardo Kaftanski eduardo at linuxcenter.cl
Sat Apr 5 20:18:18 EST 2003

> Card works very well as an AP, ever only having 1.3.4 flashed into it...
>
> I finally got a working prism2_srec and some 1.5.6 driver files and,
> even whow prism2_srec says the driver would work, sending it to RAM hangs
> the card and give a IOCTL error.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Should I flash it first to 1.4.9 and then
> upload 1.5.6 to RAM?

Answering my own question (a couple of google-hours later..)

-I got the card in a win2k machine
-I flashed it with the windows flasher and 1.4.9 code
-I can now upload 1.5.6 to ram at startup.

I sitll can get WDS to work, and I am trying to use the latest CVS code
that says hostapd can be client and server at the same time, but it does
not seem to work...

WDS never worked. AP is Linksys WAP11. Hostap works in managed mode,
but I need to use it to bridge to nets...

--
Eduardo Kaftanski
eduardo at linuxcenter.cl
Gerente Ingenieria LinuxCenter S.A.
Canada 239 5to Piso, Providencia, Stgo de Chile.
http://www.linuxcenter.cl 2745000