Dead card after wrong pda and firmware flashing

don don at donsnet.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 3 05:32:12 EST 2003

I have a dead hfa3841 card that failed during a reflash. I've never
heard of genesis mode before but a look around the net has provided some
sketchy information. It seems that if the hfa3841 chip powers up with a
10k pull up from the MD11 pin to the 3.3 volt rail then it goes into ram
load mode instead of reading the flash rom.

Is the above correct? If so, would it be possible to use a card with
defunct flash memory by wiring up the pull up resistor and then loading
the firmware directly into ram using prism2_srec?

Don Magee