HostAP + WEP rekeying + hostapd.conf

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Apr 3 01:06:30 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 07:14:17PM +0100, Israel Cardenas Romero wrote:

> 1. I've read about a 'hostapd.conf' file, but I don't know this file'
> structure. Where can I find it ? I want to configure rekeying time and I
> don't know how to do it in the command line...

I moved command line arguments into configuration file. This change
happened after 2002-10-12 release, so it is only used in CVS version at
the moment.

> 2. Is there any method to use EAP-TLS without client certification, using
> something like 'login/password' ?

No, EAP-TLS uses certificates.. However, you can use other EAP methods
to do password-based authentication. You just need to use something that
provides master key if you want to use dynamic WEP keys.