Sequence numbers jumping - question - follow up

Joshua Wright Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
Tue Oct 29 09:23:14 EST 2002

Jouni's suggestion that the firmware of my card (which is a SMC 2632W, fw 1.02 - sorry for forgetting to mention earlier) is skipping sequence numbers when changing the channel appears to be correct.

I ran another test with FakeAP using a single channel instead of hopping through 11 channels and sequence numbers remained consistent, always incrementing by 1.

Thanks for the assistance.

-Joshua Wright
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73