Suggestions for starting hostapd

Aron Silverton ajs at labs.mot.com
Mon Oct 28 15:14:00 EST 2002

Hi all,

I am looking for suggestions as to an appropriate location for starting
hostapd.  I would like for it to start so that the wlan0ap interface has
been created before /etc/pcmcia/network runs.  I create my eth0 to wlan
interface bridge in /etc/pcmcia/network.

Currently, I have eth0 and wlan0 brought up at boot by the
/etc/init.d/network script.  By the time /etc/pcmcia/network runs, both
interfaces are present.

With hostapd, is it still necessary to have /etc/init.d/network bring up
wlan0?  Is it necessary to have a"lias wlan0 hostap_cs" in
/etc/modules.conf?

Any and all suggestions and explanations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Aron