continuous transmit utility

don don at donsnet.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 21 02:31:59 EDT 2002

I am experimenting with long distance networking using various aerials
connected to wireless LAN cards. There is an Intersil utility that puts
the card into continuous transmit mode for testing purposes. But it only
works with windows.

The Intersil utility just seems to send packets with no gaps between
them but still using spread spectrum modulation. This gives a very wide
bandwidth signal that isn't ideal for signal strength tests.

Is there a utility to do this with Linux. Ideally I would like to send
an unmodulated carrier, but continuous packets will do.

If there isn't a utility already available, is there a suitable routine
in the drivers that could be called repetitively to send test packets?

Don Magee