IEEE 802.1X support with Host AP driver

Jacques Caron Jacques.Caron at IPsector.com
Fri Oct 18 04:53:16 EDT 2002

Any card NDIS 5.1-compliant drivers will work with XP. You can recognize
those by looking at the properties of the card in XP. If you have a
"Wireless" tab, it's NDIS 5.1 and you'll get full support (including
dynamic keying).

If you don't have that tab, then I suppose the authentication bit should
still work (not sure, actually), but you won't get dynamic keying. As
EAP-MD5 doesn't provide session keys anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

Important thing: you have to activate "show connection icon in taskbar" or
whatever it's called, otherwise you will never get the notifications that
you have to enter username/password information. And XP is pretty dumb
about it, it doesn't even have an option to save that information... :-(

Jacques.