Retransmissions

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Oct 13 01:28:04 EDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 03:42:10PM -0400, Seng Oon Toh wrote:

> How do I disable retransmissions, and wait for ACK in host AP? I'm trying
> to transmit packets in monitor mode, the packets go out but it retransmits
> a lot of times. I think its doing this because it can't hear the acks
> while transmitting.

You can use 'iwconfig wlan0 retry 0' to remove retransmissions. I have
never tested this in monitor mode, so I do not know whether it does
exactly what is expected.. Anyway, the monitor mode is a testing mode
that disables many standard operations, so I wouldn't be that surprised
if there are some problems transmitting packets while in monitor mode.