Hostap driver with sniffer programs

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 29 23:53:31 EST 2002

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 01:32:08AM +1130, Bernard mentink wrote:

> As to your last question: I am not sure if the problem is setting
> monitor mode, or not having the correct libpcap.
> At the moment I am using libpcap-0.7.1-3, is this ok?

I'm not sure what that '-3' is refering to. As far as I know, 0.7.1 is
the latest release of libpcap. It supports capturing frames with IEEE
802.11 headers (Host AP's old monitor mode 2 and the default with
'iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor'), but does not support using larger
sniffing header (with data like signal quality and used transmit rate;
old monitor mode 3). If 802.11 headers are enough, libpcap 0.7.1 should
work fine.