No DHCP on thinkpad x24 (hostap_pci)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 29 14:07:45 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:33:56PM -0500, Duncan Mak wrote:

> +++ hostap_hw.c	Thu Nov 28 00:41:36 2002
>  		/* To DS: Addr1 = BSSID, Addr2 = SA, Addr3 = DA;
>  		 * firmware sets BSSID */
> -		/* memcpy(&txdesc.addr1, local->bssid, ETH_ALEN); */
> +		memcpy(&txdesc.addr1, local->bssid, ETH_ALEN);

> If this doesn't break someone else's config, this should probably go
> into CVS, right?

Like the comment tells, I assumed that BSSID would always be filled by
the firmware and the reason for commenting out that line was to save few
CPU cycles. Anyway, since it seems to help something, I uncommented it
in CVS. This should not break anything and adding one memcpy should not
really cause that much more CPU load so there is no point in trying to
optimize it if something could get wrong.