Slowness/Invalid misc

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Nov 29 11:33:24 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:22:44PM -0500, lists wrote:

> 1. what is Invalid misc

I have to guess that you mean "Invalid misc" counter in iwconfig
output.. With current Host AP driver, it is the total sum of number of
received frames with checksum errors, received framed discarded due to
no buffers, and transmit attempts with wrong source address.

> 2. would that explain the slow speeds I am getting

Exactly what do you mean by "that"? You are seeing a large number of
invalid misc frames? How large compared to the total number of sent and
received packets?