Primary firmware upload error (secondary fine)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 26 20:57:55 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:40:49PM +0100, Pavel Kr?l wrote:

> Secondary fw upload went with no problem (aster that i had PRI: 1.1.0
> STA: 1.5.6) however primary fw did problems:

> - Nov 27 10:14:06 wintermute kernel: hostap_pci: card initialization
> timed out
> - Nov 27 10:14:06 wintermute kernel: hostap_pci: Initialization failed
> - Nov 27 10:14:06 wintermute kernel: wlan0: Card configuration after
> RAM download failed
> - Download failed!

Current version of the driver does not support RAM-downloadable primary
firmware. I'm not really sure how this should be downloaded or is it
even supported operation (i.e., can PRI f/w downloaded to RAM from the
normal operation mode). If I use the same method as with secondary
image, the card just dies (and produces the error message you saw). COR
sreset is needed after that to bring the card back to life, but this
will replace the primary firmware with the original one from the flash.