html e-mail (RE: Multicast throughput limited)

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Nov 25 22:03:34 EST 2002

Hello!

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Bichot Guillaume (Princeton) wrote:

> Thank you dave,
[skip]

This message completely quotes the previous message (not recommended by
RFC-1855) and includes both plain text and HTML.  The amount of useful
information in such messages is usually below 25%, especially when the
original message is long.

I'm getting enough of such e-mail at work from my boss, but I'm being paid
for working with him.  I'm not being paid for reading this mailing list.

>From now on, I'll block all HTML mail from all mailing lists.  It will go
to /dev/null.  I don't have time to be teach every newcomer to express his
or her thoughts in plain text and quote only the parts relevant to the
reply.

Unfortunately, it means that I'll be unable to report HTML spam sent to
mailing lists, including the HostAP list, because it will go to /dev/null
as well.  That's a pity, because I'm already paying for a spamcop.net
account.

Sorry for offtopic.  I just want to let everybody know that I'll be unable
to see any posts with HTML attachments, regardless of their contents.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin