RH 8.0 and hostap 10-12

Peter Buelow pete at putzin.net
Sat Nov 16 21:22:07 EST 2002

  Has anyone had any trouble with the lastest hostap_pci release and RH
8.0 kernel 2.4.18-17? This is the first service release of that kernel,
as I haven't tried the new errata kernel just released today. It's a
stock RH kernel, never recompiled or modified, stock .config used to
build the module. It works with little problem (actually, one issue, but
I can work around that) with the 2.4.18 that comes with the install
CD's. Actually, I'm writing this over that wireless link. Anyway, I can
post the kernel panic if anyone is interested, but mostly I'm intersted
to know if anyone else has had problems. I want to use the latest kernel
(I'll probably try the new kernel tomorrow morning with the latest
hostap_pci from cvs) to avoid a couple of security issues as this box is
my everything at home box. Thanks for any info given.

--
"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserveneither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
pete at putzin.net